So we have a workflow that has a To Do type step for Selected for Development followed by several In Progress steps for In Development, In Internal Testing, In BETA Testing. The last step is Ready for Release after we get word back from our BETA testers and this last step is of the Done type.
So while we can see stories and tasks progressing nicely across the Kanban board, the burndown report is a flat line until the very end and the drops off in straight vertical line at then end of each sprint.
What am I doing wrong?
We size things using story points that encompass all of the steps in the process which I believe is correct. I really don't want to hours and remaining effort, but I know that will work.
So I 'm not sure this report is really valid when using Story Points unless some intermediate step is classified as Done or Complete. My initial thought was to make In Internal Testing a Done stage, but that kind of defeats the whole point of encompassing testing and rework into the size estimate.