Hi
I am trying to create a notification scheme that will send a notification to one of five "tech approver" groups created in JIRA, when the ticket reaches a certain part of the workflow (ie "awaiting tech approval").
I have created a post-function on the transition to the "awaiting tech approval" stage. The post-function fires an event, which in turn notifies the group specified in a custom field group picker in the ticket.
The problem is that when entering the group in the field, you can see ALL of JIRA's groups. Which is a lot more than five.
Is there a way of limiting the number of groups?
Alternatively, I would like to create a dropdown custom field picker, where the user selects an "area" that is mapped to the appropriate group. (ie picking "Enterprise" in the field would then result in a post-function mapping Enterprise to "tech-notify-enterprise"). Is there any way of doing this?
Thanks for your time.