I'm STASH system administrator.
Within administration pages I can see how many licenses are used by our users (http://stash:7990/admin/license).
Where can I see the names of the users that have required a license? (within STASH? REST-API? )
(I currently don't have access to STASH-DB directly, running STASH 2.5.2)
Hi Johannes,
Please refer to this KB to help install a plugin that can list the licensed Stash users:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Determine+the+users+that+currently+occupy+Stash+license+seats
Thanks,
Gurleen
GET <h6>/rest/api/1.0/admin/permissions/users?filter</h6> This is a paged API. Retrieve a page of users that have been granted at least one global permission. The authenticated user must have ADMIN permission or higher to call this resource.
This is a paged API. Retrieve a page of users that have been granted at least one global permission.
The authenticated user must have ADMIN permission or higher to call this resource.
From our docs.
https://developer.atlassian.com/static/rest/stash/2.5.2/stash-rest.html#idp1471248
Thanks for your fast answer
I thought I searched the API completly - but obviously not. There are far too much API functions ;-) (what's still confusing to me is the variety of namespaces to search for functionality - a plain view of all APIS of all namespaces might be helpful ...)
Unfortunately I considered my question as answered before I tested it.
Perhaps my formulation was not clear enough.
Assumed we have a 100 User license - and currently 50 licenses used. What I wanted to know is which users "eated up" our license pool ... (locally registered user & AD users ...)
There may be a much simpler way than this, but you could write a simple plugin that gets all the users with the LICENSED_USED permission. As far as I can tell this isn't directly exposed by any of our current REST endpoints.
I hope that helps.
Charles
It's a pity, that this functionality is not exposed via REST.
As I'm not a JAVA developer, it's like cracking a nut with a sledgehammer for me to perform this task via plugin.
Just ignore me. I was looking at the wrong code. Seb is quite right. Can you use the permission REST endpoint to fetch all the users that have at least one permission, which is how we do our license check?
Doing as Seb suggested, I only get the users which are listed on the "Global permissions" under http://stash:7990/admin/permissions. Currently this are 5 users - and these are the infos I get using the described REST-API
BUT: As we do have allowed AD-authentication the page http://stash:7990/admin/license says that approx 20 licenses of our volume license are used. I want to find out which users do use a license - and this is NOT provided by the described API
Thanks for this hint - seems the thing I've been looking for.
Nevertheless I think this should be easier accessible ...
<h6>/rest/api/1.0/admin/permissions/users?filter</h6>
This API does not return all the licensed users. In my case the number of licensed users shown under licensing in stash UI is much more than the users returned by API.
Is there any solution for it?
Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.