I am the project admin however i cannot delete a task. It prompts a window asking me to contact the administrator. I have checked that I'm already the admin and project owner. Thanks.
Hello,
Kindly check the project permission scheme in the project to which the issue belongs, that you have delete issues permission.
Admin rights give you admin rights. Issue rights are separate to admin rights, and you need to be granted them separately.
Please, read your permission scheme for the project. It does not say "admin can delete" or "project lead can delete"
(And rightly so, deleting Jira issues is a bad bad thing to do most of the time, but that's another story)
Thanks so much
Thanks so much I am deleting the dummy issues that created for testing purpose, thanks for the advice.
How do you grand them separately?
Change the permission scheme, or put people in the roles that allow them admin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.