Hi,
I would like to ask if its possible to add a custom page in JIRA Service Desk. Idea is to create a page from where users would be able to download our builds.
Is it possible to do this in JIRA Service Desk ?
Thanks.
Hi Ravinderjit,
You won't be able to create a whole new page in Service Desk, but I would recommend taking advantage of our Announcements option.
Have a look here, as it shows you how to add an announcement either to your Help Center or the Portal:
Adding Announcements to Service Desk
You can include links here.
Otherwise I would recommend creating your page in Confluence, and making that page public. You would essentially need to make the entire space public and then lock down the individual pages within the space that you do not want to be public.
Do let me know if you have any questions about any of this!
Kind Regards,Shannon
Hi Shannon,
Thanks for the answer.
Further query regarding Confluence (public space). Would it be possible to make that page accessible only to users of JIRA Service Desk, instead of making it public ?
You could handle this as a confluence knowledge base article. However, you would want to have links on the KB page to another location/server where the images are stored. I would not store SW releases on confluence server. The advantage of this is that, if needed you could add a login page to restrict what customer gets access to what images.
Hi Jack,
Regards.
Sorry for the delay. I was testing this out on my own instance first. To allow access to your Service Desk Customers to your Confluence Space, you want to first link it. Review Serving customers with a knowledge base in addition to my following instructions for detailed information.
I hope this is clear, but if you have any doubts at all, please let me know!
Kind regards,
Shannon
Thanks for the detailed reply.
Regards,
Ravinderjit
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.