I am an independant contractor working with large corporate customers. I am trying to work with them and track task progress and make progress reports using Jira.
My problem is very similar to working offline, but because my computer does not have the correct domain setup I cannot access their server. I need a way to work offline where I can never sync with the server.
I found this topic on a similar subject, and Jira client looks promising, but I do not think it can help since I cannot directly sync with a Jira server. Unless, there is some way for them to export the project for me to modify and return to them?
I have my own instance of Jira server running, but as stated in the other thread the import function seems to be for migration not data ingestion.
At this point I may have to send them backups of a project on my server, they can import them to a duplicate project on their end. This is non ideal as my work cannot be associated to tasks in the real project. It will take effort for them to manually sync my tasks to keep their project current.