Here's the scenario:
Excerpt macros dont seem to be able to capture the row from the child page,only one value from one cell. I'm trying to use the Table Plus macro but not having much luck there. Any suggestions? Any examples?
Hello Jodi,
Page Properties + Page Properties Report macro should solve your problem.
Another approach besides Page Properties Macro and Page Properties Report Macro would be a macro that merges tables from other pages.
Inside this table merger macro you could use the Excerpt Macro and Excerpt Include Macro to bring one piece of text (that is: the whole table) per page on the parent page. For multiple transclusions from one page or multiple pages you would need a third-party macro that supports multi-excerpt (I assume that adding a new Excerpt Macro for each new page is not feasible).
I'm not sure if this solution approach meets your third point (which I do not fully understand). But here we go ...
The commercial projecddoc Toolbox (available on the Atlassian Marketplace for Confluence server) provides macros to do this:
If you have a large number of pages to transclude from and a large number of tables you need to merge you'll need to check your performance requirements since the transclusion and merging takes place at request time.
Biased Alert: I'm one of the authors of the projectdoc Toolbox.
Hi Jodi,
If you need to pull tables with more than one data row (Page Properties Report pulls only one data row from Page Properties), you can also use the combination of the Table Excerpt Include and Table Transformer macro. Table Excerpt Include provides an ability to pull any data (any size tables) from child pages, from specific pages, from pages by labels. Table Transformer merges all the tables in one.
Hi Natalie,
This Worked for me. is it possible to merge two rows with same data.
I have 2 cols one for date and other for notes. I want to merge rows with same date.
Any suggestion on that?
Hi Sami,
You can try to use the following query:
SELECT 'Date', SUM('Notes' + " ") AS 'Notes' FROM (SELECT * FROM T*)GROUP BY 'Date'ORDER BY 'Date'
If the option doesn't resolve your use case, please give me more details.
Thank you Natalie,This worked great. I am trying to display all the notes in new line as they are in the original notes but they appear to be in one single line. I tried CHAR[10] in Sql and \n but didn't worked. Any suggestion on that?
How about putting your data in an Excel spreadsheet? Each child page gets it's own worksheet. The parent page gets the combined data off a worksheet in the same file that combines all the data. Specific worksheets (pages) in the Excel file can be specified in the Office Excel macro on each page
It sure would be nice if the "Table Data" and "Page Properties" macros worked together. We'd like to use the: "Page Properties" and "Page Properties Report" to generate summary reports, but we want the information to have much better hygiene provided by the "Table Data" and associated macros.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.