I am setting up a new Bitbucket Server. I see that it says GIT needs to be installed first.
I am going to install Bitbucket 5.5.0 64 bit on a RHEL 7 Server.
I looked at the Supported Platforms and see there is a GIT Client, GIT LFS Client, and GIT server. I assume I need to install GIT Server.
If I run yum install git (Like Atlassian says to do) it shows its installing GIT but I can't tell if its the server or client.
Also, it shows its installing GIT v1.8.3.1-12.e17_4 from a rhel-7-server-rpms and a bunch of pear installers. On Bitbucket's site I see it says its only compatible with a lot of 2.2.1+ versions.
Perl also look to be installed with GIT but its version 4:5.16.3-292.e17. What is the 4:? Is this actually perl 5.16+?
I want to make sure I get the correct version and install type of GIT for Bitbucket before I install Bitbucket. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.