I'm trying to use SourceTree with our Bitbucket Server (which is not bitbucket.org, it's its own domain we host), but the Windows install seems to be requiring me to use an existing Atlassian account, which I don't have.
The Atlassian account is needed to register Sourcetree, so if you do not have one you need to create one during the install. Once you have done the install you will use whatever account you have for Bitbucket Server to access your repositories.
I tried that, got the "Connect an Account" screen, clicked Bitbucket Server, put in our host URL, Authentication Basic, typed in my username and password, clicked Continue, and nothing happened.
After a few seconds the Continue button grayed out and I could put the cursor in the fields again, but nothing got the Continue button to light up again.
What's going on? Is there a step-by-step guide for doing this? I've never had this kind of trouble setting up SourceTree before.
The closest to a step-by-step guide is this one, https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-sourcetree/install-sourcetree-847359094.html
I tell my users to just skip the setup of the account for Bitbucket Server and do that later. If you skip it, after Sourcetree starts, just click on a new tab > Remote and then add your account there by clicking Add an account...
OK trying that gives me the Edit Hosting Account box where I put in my details but the OK button is grayed out and there's no password field, instead in its place is a Refresh Password button says invalid URI... I'm not sure what to put for Host URL if I can already select HTTPS from the drop-down, the host URL is just our FQDN. Authentication has no other option than Basic.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.