While creating an issue, i would like to autopopulate a custom field with reporter field value. Is it possible?
Hi Srinivas,
You could use the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions to copy a field value to another field in a post-function of your workflow.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions
You can use a simple javascript to assist you on that. Refer to the code below:
<script type="text/javascript"> reporter = document.getElementById("reporter-field").value; document.getElementById("customfield_10100").value = reporter; </script>
You will need to check your id of your customfield, you can easily does that by right click on the text input area and inspect element (chrome and firefox). Then replace the value of customfield_10100 with the value you got.
On how to apply javascript, you can have a look on the documentation below:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=317950124
Hope this helps cheers!
Hi Riche, I dont think this would work on JIRA 5. Have you ever tried?
I have personally verified on my local 5.2.6 and it works. Do let me know what problem have you encountered, you need to paste the codes to the description field (preferable) of the custom field for it to take effect.
Let me know if you have problem executing this.
Hi Richie, It is working now. I placed the code in wrong place and so I didn't see any change but now i found.
Thanks for your advise, Srinivas
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.