One of the users in Confluence has too many page watched since he has notifications for 1729 unique pages and hence loading the list of pages he watches is taking a while for him.
I found a solution online here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/33993/bulk-unwatch-pages?page=1#90305. Just wanted to check whether droping the notification entries for the user from confadmin database (using the query given by Christian) is a safe way or not and should I proceed with that...
Also, is it necessary to stop Confluence before the db edit and perform indexing after the db edit?
the query looks good to me but you should *always* have a DB backup before you do do any modifications, just in case something goes horribly wrong.
It's also advisable to stop confluence to make the changes & starts afterwards. You could flush the caches (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Changing+Content+Directly+via+SQL) but I prefer a restart, it's a lot cleaner
You don't need to reindex for something like this.
BTW do it in the DEV/TEST environment first ;-)
thanks for your help...for some reason I never received an email saying I got an answer...I thought I automatically "watch" a question that I posted here?
Hi there, is there a way to mass delete users in Confluence? Or an add-on for mass deletion like the one for Jira?
Hi,
Please submit an new question for this topic.
Martin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.