Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade Confluence from version 2.9.2 to 3.5.17 (and after that to 4.3).
On first attempt update failed with the following error:
2012-09-13 12:29:37,796 ERROR main atlassian.confluence.upgrade.UpgradeLauncherServletContextListener contextInitialized 1: Thank you for upgrading Confluence. The license format for this new version has changed. In order to complete your upgrade and continue using Confluence, you will need to upgrade your current Confluence license. This upgrade does not incur any additional costs and does not change Confluence's functionality in any way.
You can upgrade your license here or for step-by-step instructions please refer to our documentation.
If you cannot upgrade your existing Confluence license, please generate a temporary evaluation license. This will allow you to proceed with the upgrade and give you time to generate a compatible license.
Once you have an upgraded license (or a temporary one), please enter it on this page and restart.
So, I requested an evaluation license. The generated license was for older versions so I upgraded it to work with version 3 and above.
But, when I try to change the license in the admin panel of Confluence 2.9.2 I receive the following message:
License was not valid and has not been updated.
How can I change the license to a valid Confluence 3 license so the upgrade doesn't fail?
Btw, is it normal that my test server has the same Server ID as the production server I copied the installation from?
Regards,
Igor