I am trying to develop an Atlassian connect jira plugin with Atlassian cloud spring boot connect framework. How to connect to jira on-demand database? Can I connect or connect? How is data stored in jira? which database is used?
You cannot connect to the database of a Jira Cloud instance.
The only data you may store in Jira Cloud is on Issue Properties. All other data must be stored by you in your app, in your database.
Then how can I fetch the data from JIRA cloud instance?
Please read Steven's answer again.
Via the REST API.
Correct as far as I can understand. How about you yell us what data you're trying to retrieve?
I want to calculate something, let it be X. For that, I need the number of review defects per month where review defect is an issue type.
Understood.
Simply using the Search API while searching for 'type = Defect AND created < startOfMonth(-1)' should return you a count of all defects created in this month.
The API you have available to you is Jira Connect and JIRA REST. Outside of that I can't comment.
Okay, thank you for your valuable information. Very helpful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.