Hi guys,
I'm trying to create bitbucket git repo from svn source and get this error message:
Any idea when this feature will be enabled again?
I have similar problem, any idea when this will be enabled again?
Hi there,
The Subversion importer has been disabled indefinitely.
Instead, we recommend converting your Subversion repository to a Git repository locally and then importing the new repository.
See this handy guide for steps on how to do it: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/migrating-overview
For clarity, we will update the repository import screen imminently to recommend this option.
Thanks,
AlastairBitbucket PM
Hi Alistair,
The documentation has been updated, but the actual import page has not. Instead it still gives this error.
Can I persuade you that disabling allowing import from Subversion is a mistake? SVN is old and outdated, and many people - including myself - want to move repos to a more modern system, like git and mercurial. Doing this manually is a complicated process, with recommended steps including cloning the SVN repo locally, installing and using hgsubversion (the documentation for which is currently down), etc.
One of the benefits of Bitbucket is that it allows import from other repos, automatically, and allowing and helping people to move from SVN to a modern one would be very useful to your customers.
Regards,
David
Well that could basically make our migration decision easy. I.e. not bit bucket
April 5, and it's still an option on the import page. Completely agree with David on every point.
100% Agreed.
My company is looking for a git repo, but we need to import our current base.
I was just exploring bitbucket as an option..
Well, not anymore.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.