JIRA is running on a CentOS machine, as is GIT.
The server running JIRA can clone the GIT repo, using it's ssh keys (as the user JIRA is running as).
When I configure the JIRA GIT plugin, I set the repo using the same clone URL, and specify an empty directory on the filesystem. When I index this, I get a "No such file or directory" error message. Looking at the logs I see the below stack trace.
I have tried this on the samba share and the local disk, but both produce the same results.
As a test I even tried to set the directory to have 777 permissions.
No Googling, searching or any other tests have produced anything useful, so any additional help would be appriciated.
Stack Trace:
2013-10-18 00:29:12,880 Thread-6621 WARN jbariel 29x494797x1 1qiz9bj 81.139.72.181 /secure/StartReindexGitRepositories.jspa [jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer] Unable to index repository 'Test'
org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: No such file or directory
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.BasePackFetchConnection.doFetch(BasePackFetchConnection.java:370)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.BasePackFetchConnection.fetch(BasePackFetchConnection.java:301)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.BasePackFetchConnection.fetch(BasePackFetchConnection.java:291)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.FetchProcess.fetchObjects(FetchProcess.java:247)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.FetchProcess.executeImp(FetchProcess.java:160)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.FetchProcess.execute(FetchProcess.java:122)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.Transport.fetch(Transport.java:1108)
at com.xiplink.jira.git.GitManagerImpl.fetch(GitManagerImpl.java:507)
at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer$3.run(RevisionIndexer.java:222)
at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer.runAndCollectCounters(RevisionIndexer.java:170)
at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer.updateIndexByRepo(RevisionIndexer.java:247)
at com.xiplink.jira.git.MultipleGitRepositoryManagerImpl.startReindex(MultipleGitRepositoryManagerImpl.java:265)
at com.xiplink.jira.git.action.reindex.StartReindexGitRepositoriesAction$1.run(StartReindexGitRepositoriesAction.java:62)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
at java.io.File.createTempFile(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jgit.internal.storage.file.ObjectDirectoryPackParser.parse(ObjectDirectoryPackParser.java:174)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.PackParser.parse(PackParser.java:434)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.BasePackFetchConnection.receivePack(BasePackFetchConnection.java:761)
... 13 more