Atthe moment we're running Confluence on SQL Server 2008. As this is already out of support since Confluence 5.8 I mant to migrate to SQL Server 2014. On documentation sites I see several ways to do this migration. Which way is the best proven?
Check this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf58/migrating-to-another-database-771892814.html?_ga=2.166668862.1806634465.1510219894-178365290.1510219894
Depends. Is the DB on the same server as Confluence or a different server?
Th DB is on the same sever.
I indeed read that documentation. Does it means I also need to do a reinstall of Confluence into a new directory? Why is that?
We're talking about an inplace upgrade on the same machine from SQL Server 2008R2 to SQl Server 2014.
The question is; do I need to run all steps from the documentation when I only plan to update from 2008 R2 to 2014
No, you should not need to do all that. All you need to do is upgrade SQL Server. If the machine\instance doesn't change and neither does the database user and passwords Confluence should be just fine with it. However, before you do that make sure to stop Confluence. Also, take a backup of the database and Confluence home folder ... just in case. Better yet if you are on a virtual machine take a snapshot of the server prior to upgrading SQL so that you can rollback if need be.
That document is referring to moving Confluence to another server.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.