I am working with JIRA now for quite some time. If I understand jira correctly, one would define a JIRA-project for every application we are developing. For me it worked perfectly so far. Now another team in our company wants to use JIRA as a requirements-management tool as well. All the data that is tracked in the reqirements-management has to be linked somehow to the development-issues. I know it is possible to define links between issues in different projects and I would simply define a requirements-project and link the requirement-issues to the development-issues in the dev-projects but the requirements-management-team thinks it would be best to have one single master project and have every single requirement-issue and all the dev-issues, regardless which application they belong to, in this project. I can not imagine from a development-point of view how this can work...
EDIT: we are not talking about one requirements-project and one development-project but more like 60 to 80 development-projects used by many dev-teams (ca. 15)
My question now is: what is best-practice in case you have to handle issue/bug-tracking and requirements-management with JIRA. which plugins are recommended?