Hey there, i cant pick groups in the "bulk edit group members" section.
What i want to achieve, is to have anyone in the 'domain admins' group in active directory automatically become a member of jira-administrators local group.
obviously this could be expanded to include all 'domain users' being members of the lowest level group (jira servicedesk users maybe) so that they can submit requests. I mean thats the next step. however it seems local groups, i have to add them one by one.
I want to minimize how much i have to fiddle with the built in groups and would rather use AD which is already segmented into groups, for assigning user permissions. I am not seeing how to do that. I can assign groups to "roles" and "global permissions" however i wanted to just inherit all the permissions that (for example) jira-administrators already has.
For example, jira administrators is already a member of every group on the global permissions page, but if i wanted to add "domain admins" to every group, i would have to add it manually. Much easier if i could just add "domain admins" to the "jira-administrators" group and have it inherit. Especially since i am not sure where else 'jira-administrator' may have permissions that i really want domain admins to have access to.
In our corp, domain admins only has two users, so i can manually add them as individual users to the 'jira-administrators' group, but for something like 'domain users' has hundreds, and i wont be adding them all manually to any group.
please advise thanks