Hi,I've seen https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-do-you-post-markdown-using-confluences-rest-API/qaq-p/492056 however this is now 2 years old. I've developed something in Python to create a page in Confluence which works really well, but for simplicity here is an equivalent cURL example:curl -u user@domain.com.au:pass\-X POST \-H 'Content-Type: application/json' \-d '{"type":"page","title":"new page","ancestors":[{"id":1337}],"space":{"key":"SPACEHERE"},"body":{"storage":{"value":"||Some Example||More Example|| ","representation":"storage"}}}' \--url https://name.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/contentHowever instead of rendering a table using the supplied markdown it creates text.I *can* perform the following manual steps to render the markdown as a table:1. Edit newly created page2. Insert Markdown 3. Copy the markdown text and insert itThese manual steps anger me deeply however. Am I doing something wrong or does Confluence API not support Markdown ?
You need to use "representation":"wiki" instead of "representation":"storage".
Once replaced, you JSON worked just fine (using Confluence 5.10.4 and tested with RestAPI Browser addon).
Thank you.
TYVM to both @mattflannery and @Vladimir Zvagolskiy Question solved my need and solution worked like a charm
I tried "representation":"wiki" , it worked but still formatting is not as expected. I see additional ------ and my html tags are visible but if same content is copied and pasted as markup it looks perfect.(I am using Confluence 7.13.7)
Any suggestions how to fix this formatting issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.