I would like to ask your help for SSL configuration.
Our Bitbucket server uses reverse proxy server installed on the same server where Bitbucket is installed.
Problem is when I type 'http' in url instead of 'https', it doesn't re-direct but showing "https://localhost" in the url section with the error saying "this site can't be reached".
When I had the following configuration in VitualHost for port 80 and 443, it re-directed OK. But the problem that clone process also works with both 'https' and 'http'. I was expecting that using 'http' shouldn't work on cloning.
<VirtualHost *:80>
# ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
# DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
# ServerName dummy-host.example.com
# ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
# CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
ProxyPass / http://localhost:7990/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:7990/
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *.443>
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile /path/to/your/cert.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/your/privkey.pem
SSLCertificateChainFile /path/to/your/chain.pem
ProxyPass / http://localhost:7990/ connectiontimeout=5 timeout=300
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:7990/
</VirtualHost>
From the technote, https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/securing-your-atlassian-applications-with-apache-using-ssl-838284349.html, it says that I need to use "Redirect Permanent" in VirtualHost port 80 instead of Proxy. So I followed as it says and face the issue that re-direct doesn't work.
I would appreciate if you can help me to resolve this issue.
-Chang