How to use Sprint Started Event in the scriptrunner to create an issue during the start of the Sprint ?
Please provide the details
Hi Manikandan,
The script below will create an issue and it will add it to the sprint that started and triggered the event.
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorimport com.atlassian.jira.config.PriorityManagerdef issueFactory = ComponentAccessor.getIssueFactory()def loggedInUser = ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext.loggedInUserdef newIssue = issueFactory.getIssue()def project = ComponentAccessor.projectManager.getProjectByCurrentKey("SSPA")def bugIssueType = ComponentAccessor.constantsManager.getAllIssueTypeObjects().find { it.getName() == "Bug" }def highPriority = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(PriorityManager).getPriority("High")def reporter = ComponentAccessor.userManager.getUserByKey("anuser")def sprintCF = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Sprint")newIssue.setSummary("A summary")newIssue.setProjectObject(project)newIssue.setIssueType(bugIssueType)newIssue.setPriority(highPriority)newIssue.setReporter(reporter)newIssue.setCustomFieldValue(sprintCF, [event.sprint]) //add the issue to the sprint that just started and triggered the event//... any other fieldsMap<String,Object> newIssueParams = ["issue" : newIssue] as Map<String,Object>ComponentAccessor.issueManager.createIssueObject(loggedInUser, newIssueParams)
So eventually your listener will listen for Sprint Started event and the script will be the above.
I'll agree with Anton that a use case will be more helpful.
PS. In your question's title you say sprint create event which is a different event than the Sprint Started Event.
So your custom script listener will look like
Hope that helps,
Thanos
Am i right - you want to create issue in some project when clicked "Start sprint" on the board?
Could you please provide more details - what problem are you trying to solve?
Yes. You are right. I would like to create an issue, when i click Start Sprint. a Default issue type "Feature" will be added to the Sprint.
I tried its not working as expected in the script runner. Need some help on it
@Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_ - Thanks this helps to move forward.
I receive below error after configuration.Let me know your suggestions
Time (on server): Wed Nov 08 2017 15:31:58 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
The following log information was produced by this execution. Use statements like:log.info("...") to record logging information.
2017-11-08 20:31:58,570 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: ************************************************************************************* 2017-11-08 20:31:58,570 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: Script function failed on event: com.atlassian.greenhopper.api.events.sprint.SprintStartedEvent, script: com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.FireEventWhen java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The issue object was not available in the binding, perhaps called from an event handler with a non-issue event at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.FireEventWhen.doScript(FireEventWhen.groovy:72)
Cancel
Hey Manikandan,
The listener should be a Custom Listener
Thanks @Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_. It worked.
Sorry for adding this comment now, I'm trying to achieve the same thing but I'm getting the following error at 16. please help
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.