I checked the box in a service desk to expose the "Respond to support" transition to portal users. It pops up a screen with optional comment. If I leave the comment box empty, the "Respond to support" button does nothing. If I enter a comment, I get an error: "We were unable to submit your request..."
I created a new service desk project and set it up the same way and it works as I expected without these issues. The difference between the two is in the one that's failing I had renamed the transition in the workflow and then named it back again.
I did a full re-index. I don't have access to the box to look at log files. What log file would contain helpful info so I can direct someone with access to it?
I've run out of things to try short of recreating the service desk from scratch.
I'm using Service Desk 3.3.1 and Software 7.3.1.