When editing a page in a space, you won't be seeing any side bar as the focus is on editing the page. Side bar appears only in 'view mode' If you wish to reorder a page or page shortcuts, you can do that from space tools. Also in order to access the space tools you should be the space's owner.
Thank you Veera! Also, I cannot delete a page. I am the admin and the space's owner. I changed the permissiongs to allow delete but it does not show up on the ... menu. Why can't I delete a page? Thank you!
pix con 1.PNG
Deleting pages is done via the Ellipsis - the three dot icon top right of the view screen (as long as page delete is included in your Permissions settings)
To focus on the edit page sounds understandable for hiding the side bar in this case, at the first glance.
But from my experience it is counterproductive:
So, please provide an option to keep side bars enabled even while edit mode is active.
99.9% of my editing is about the stuff on that page so the side bar would be unnecessary clutter. When you are editing a Word document you don't have the File>Open listing hanging around on the side of the Word screen in case you want to open another document.
When you are in edit mode, there are a couple of little icons up next to the page title. One is a lock to set the page restrictions and one is a tree icon to move the page to another Parent - which includes the "Recently Viewed option which I find very handy even if I have to open a new tab frst to go to that page - you can also click the "snail trail links of the page you areediting to open the new tab.
Thanks for the latter hint, I'll try that out, tomorrow at work, where I have to use Confluence.
Nice that you are so gifted that you can do documentation so continuously. Sometimes that luck comes to me as well. But in most cases I have just to add half a dozen of hints, results, whatever, to an existing page. I need to reorder grown page content quickly, between all the other work – just in the moment when I realize, while reading at a page or searching for something, that some ordering might be helpful. It's a permanent, stepwise process, driven by lots of colleagues. Just a wiki.
The moment where I miss a permanent side bar most extremely is when while reading I find a wrong wording, or just a typo. Not only, that opening the edit mode needs more than a second and not less, the page content wildly moves up and down and right and left, until the paragraphes are somewhat used to the new width. I completely lose track of the typo position and have to read some lines, to find it again, in most cases.
Thatswhy I wish for a optionally permanent side bar. Thanks for your reply.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.