Hi. I would like to enable in-line file editing in BitBucket without having to clone an entire project. The documentation here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver0414/bitbucket-server-config-properties-895368000.html#BitbucketServerconfigproperties-Fileeditor
says that I can do this with:
feature.file.editor=true
but that's seem to be working. Any ideas? tia
Hi Brad,
The in-line file editing is enabled by default and has been added as part of Bitbucket Server 4.13 (see related release notes).
Which version of Bitbucket Server are you using? Maybe it is not working on a specific file type. Which file are you trying to edit?
You can find it in the footer of the Bitbucket Server pages (e.g. the project one).
The feature.file.editor option is available to disable this feature.
Thanks,
Caterina - Atlassian Support
Hi Caterina,
Thank you so much for your help and quick response. We are using BitBucket 4.5.2. Does that help? I'm trying to edit any file. Let's say a ".gitignore" file or a JavaScript file. Is that not how it works?
Thank you!!!
Bradley
You will be able to edit any text files (includingthe ".gitingore" ones).
The feature is only available starting from Bitbucket 4.13 while version 4.5.2 is currently installed in your environment.
You'll need to upgrade or ask an administrator to do so to be able to use this feature.
Cheers,
Caterina
Thanks for the response. I'm a little slow. I'll ask our sysadmin right away what the upgrade possibilities are.
Thanks again!Bradley
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.