Hello,
Yesterday I upgraded Jira from 6.0.4 to 6.0.6., and for some reason there was a corruption in the DB. If I enter in Jira to see the custom fields, most of them are gone. Also the basic custom fields types (like multicheckboxes) are gone. I can only see the custom fields that have a custom field type (like 'Colour of Epic' from Jira Agile plugin).
I checked in the DB itself and indeed the custom fields are there, I didn't manage to find any obvious problem in the DB. I searched in the logs and found something like this:
2013-08-29 01:30:18,465 TP-Processor10 ERROR agonzale 90x2350x1 1rpaxf5 137.XX.XX.XX /secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:multicheckboxes'. Is the plugin present and enabled?
The strange thing is that if I repeat the migration from an old copy of Jira in our developer instance, that has the same code as the production ijnstance, it works just fine. I tried to load several XML backups of JIRA from different points in time and it is very consistent: before migration backups work but after migration backups don't. So I am 95% sure it is not the code or any other file in the file system.
I hope there is a mising magic entry in the DB that I can change to load the com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes plugin or something like this.
Cheers