Hello
I'd like to let our users send an email to our support mail address and create automatically a jira issue of this. According to the documentation I need to allow in the global settings (service desk 3.8.3, jira software 7.5.2) public signup: Applications -> jira service desk ->Configuration: Public signup = yes.
In the system settings, the mode of jira software can remain private (also tried it with public, does change nothing).
Then, in the service desk project und "Customer Permisisons" I defined that anyone can open requests: "Who can raise requests" -> "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal". An email address is configured and the inbox can be read. However: no ticket is generated when I send an email (from another address). The log states "Signup is not currently available".
It works when I manuall add a customer for this email address.
Can anybody help me what I've done wrong? Or is this simply a bug in the latest version (service desk installed through the wizard within jira)?
Thank you very much!
Aurel


And when I want to register on the portal page as a new customer I get the same error message:
