Hello,
I recently got a new computer. I have tracked respositorys on my old computer and the same repositories in bit bucket. I always exclude the .git folders from my backups and file transfers for efficiency so now that I have transferred all my local files to the new computer they are untracked with no .git folder. I need to add them to source tree on the new computer and keep working on them.
Therefore I need to get these files (and any recent changes since the last commit and push on the old computer) to push up to the online repository. However no matter which way I do it I always get errors. If I try to pull first I get errors, if I push and merge I get errors. I DO NOT want to clone all my repositories down again as some of them are quite large and it takes forever and uses a lot of data.
Basically I need to force merge my local copy which has identical or almost identical files (untracked) with that online and start tracking my local copy again.
Can someone please tell me how to do this with source tree?
So far the only way I have been able to figure this out is to do a clone. Then copy in my latest files into that clone then push the changes. As I mentioned before this is unworkable as I have a lot of repositories and it takes too long and too much data to clone them all.
Thanks,
Nicole