Hello - In JIRA, I can catch an issue update event, for example. I like to know if JIRA would fire this event, only after the changes are saved to the system, or it's fired during the saving of the data. Thanks.
Hello,
When you create a transition you must define the event which will fire during this transition. It a standard post function. There is also a standard post function called Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database. If you order your event before the mentioned function then listener will fire before the issue was saved. If you order the event after the mentioned function then the listener will fire after the issue was saved
Hi Alexey - in this case, it's not in my definition in the transition. Basically, I write a event listen plugin to catch update of an issue. So when a user update a field in an issue, I catch that event and do something. I want to know if the data is all saved, and the issue is indexed, before JIRA sends out that update event signal. I think that is the case but I am not sure.
By default listener fires after the issue has been changed
That's what I thought too.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.