has anyone with the Bitbucket Server, suddenly had repos go missing? We cannot figure out what is going wrong. They're just automatically being removed. Any clues?
We've been using it for a couple of years and that have not never happened. Where do you think it was being removed? Are they missing from the GUI? Missing in the installation directory ($STASH_INSTALL/shared/data/repositories)? or Both?
Hi Ryan,
Can you check if anyone with admin access is using REST API's and using remove commands.I suspect that is the main reason
Other reason is the directory where the repo is stored eg will be "46" in the data folder,those directories will be removed
Thanks & Regards
Vishnu
Hi Vishnu,
No admins are using the rest api, but what o you mean by the second part of your comment?
"Other reason is the directory where the repo is stored eg will be "46" in the data folder,those directories will be removed"
Sorry for missing some important details
Can you check if the repository directories in <HOME>/shared/data/repositories path are being removed
Thanks
If you haven't already, please create a support request at https://support.atlassian.com so that we can help investigate this further.
Please attach a Support Zip and some examples of which repositories went missing.
Agree with @Gabriele Basile - we've been working with the product for years and have never seem repos get randomly deleted. There is always a reason. Go in the project that contains the deleted repos and look (in settings) at the audit log - see if it shows any of the corresponding delete repo events.
Missing from both. I had to do a complete recover from our backup in order to get the repos back. No clue why so I figured I'd ask and see if anyone else has had a similar question.
Yes, that's what happened. We got a report that a repo was missing. When I went into /shared/data/repositories, that repo was not there. I assumed it was just a mistake on the user's side, where he might have accidentally deleted the repo, but after further investigation we noticed others were missing as well.
I opened one from our admin page on the BBK UI.
i checked for the removal of directories from the backend repos path by removing the repo directory from shared/data/repositories.The repo will be still available in the front end in the UI,we cannot clone the repo by the way.Looks like in your instance the repo is completely removed by some command like REST API or using the delete repository command from the front end.
This has just happened to me...WOW
My private repo was also deleted by Bitbucket. Thankfully I have a local backup which I will be pushing to GitHub instead from now on
Just happened to me. Opened a support ticket. Hopefully they will retrieve my lost repros..
For some reason it failed to migrate google sign-in to my account. So now I can't access my previous account and it redirects me to the new one all the time
Same here. I lost all repos after Atlasian took over he bitbucket. This should never happen!
Same here, just happened a few hours ago. I opened a ticket, please help.
Just randomly lost repo ? any solution for that ?
Support team fixed it from a backup, they never told me why that happened. Good luck
All my repos are just gone. What just happened? Is that no activity will make the repo gone like that.
Please check. I used to have atleast 4 projects in bit bucket.
Hope not gone for good
Same here. Repo just got deleted. No reactions on the ticket.
I used bitbucket in the past for small privat projects. I really liked it and even would suggest it to colleagues.After some weird Atlassian cloud migration all my repositories are gone. Some I might not be able to restore locally. I understand that I was no paying customer and should not expect much. But this is unacceptable. I'm out of here.
This is super annoying, will never use bitbucket again =(
I have faced the same problem now. Most my repositories are missing. Raised the support ticket ...
Really it is very annoying.
All my repositories are gone too.
At least you could have sent a warning email so that I could backup them myself.
I also think I'm out.
when I realized this happened to me, I opened a ticket on https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portalsThey were pretty helpful, and they did have a backup of all my stuff, which they sent me.In my case, the issue is that bitbucket dropped support for mercurial, and all my repos there were in mercurial. I converted the repos from mercurial to git, and recreated the repos. Nothing was lost. Hopefully, that was your case, too.Now, of course, the lack of some notification when that happens (unless it got lost in spam) is pretty upsetting.
Yes, all the company source code everything has just disappeared from bitbucket. No messages, no explanation, absolutely nothing. Absolutely everything deleted with no explanation whatsoever. I'm the only person with access, and I haven't touched it in over a week.
What the hell.
Just discovered the same thing with several of my repos. The remaining ones are nw under "untitled project".
Trying to open a ticket butt am stuck here. I need to demo to a client and don't have backups locally. This could be a huge huuuge disaster worth many years of hard work :-(
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.