Hello,
We added a custom field called Closure Comments which will be used by our support agents to enter how they fixed the issue. Using comments was confusing as there could have been a dozen conversations back and fro with customers. I want my customers to access their case and see the closure comments entered by the support agents. I can't seem to find a way to show the custom field to customer. Any ideas will be appreciated.
First of all, only partucular list of field types can be visible on JIRA SD Portal:
See more: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/list-of-supported-custom-fields-for-request-types-in-jira-service-desk-customer-portals-867182673.html?_ga=2.249438599.1082599707.1509374566-1555823252.1509374566
If your custom field type in the list above use this guide to make a field visible on the portal: https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-jira-service-desk/create-service-desk-request-types-917968307.html?_ga=2.217058966.1082599707.1509374566-1555823252.1509374566
@Domenico Manzo _Actonic_, aren't the customers able to set a value to this field, now? I think this is not what they are supposed to be able to, are they?
I have the same issue and want a field to be read only by the customers in the customer portal. But it seems to be the case that customers can only see fields if they were allowed to set their value while creating the issue. That's unfortunate.
Hey there,
I have found a related question:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Display-Custom-Fields-on-Service-Desk-Customer-Portal/qaq-p/658404
So read only custom fields in the customer portal are not a thing in JIRA Service Desk right now. But as you can see in the related question there are already feature requests about that issue you can vote for.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.