Is there a way in Confluence to place individual tables side-by-side? That is, like this:
x x x
instead of this:
x
Thanks.
Yes, you can use page layouts to do this. Checkout https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-layouts-columns-and-sections-275188613.html.
You can also insert section and column macros on any pages. In your case, it might be as simple as adding a new section with 3 columns and placing the tables in those columns.
Thank you, this is very helpful.
It doesn't look like I can move a table into another section (bummer) as I already created 6 of them. Or am I mistaken?
If you position your cursor before the table and hit shift + down arrow till you have selected the whole table you can cut and paste it elsewhere.
Hello Forrest,
You can use the page layout feature to accomplish this. But I would also look into using the Section/Column macros, they allow for more freedom.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/column-macro-51872396.html
Thanks,
A
The problem with this is that it is not easy to 'align' the rows in the two different sections.
I have a table excertped from one page and then I am tried to created more columns for that original table were I can add more content (which cannot belong in the original table.
Workaround: I typed a letter on the line above one of the tables & changed the text color to white so it wouldn't show on the published page. I had to play around with the text formatting but it worked for me and the tables in the 2 sections appear aligned now.
This is completely crazy. For $1000000s a year that my company is paying for licenses and we have to write macros? Airtable does this all for you out of the box. This is a complete joke of a product.
You do not need to write any macros. The ability to do columns can be done multiple ways in Confluence. You can use page layouts, which will give you the ability to create multi row/column layouts on the page. Or, you can use the section and column macros. Those are all built-in. You don't have to write anything.
Yes, the section and column macros do allow users to create side-by-side tables, but the implementation of these is not easy to layout, especially with alignments of the tables.
Unfortunately, as must users have experienced, the idea of a practical solution in the base application is unlikely. The backlog of requests is not going away, so until there is competition for the versatility of Confluence, Atlassian uses are 'stuck' trying to begrudgingly cobbling together solutions to 'get by' until a better solution provided.
Most of the time you would not really use the section and column macro for side by side tables. You would more typically use the page layout functionality, which I think is pretty un-technical. The only times you would tend to use the section and column functionality would be if you need to wrap that inside another macro. For instanc if you wanted to put an excerpt macro around tables that were side by side you could not do that with the layout functionality and you cannot wrap a layout with a macro. But I find it pretty easy to do side by side tables right now.
Hi there,
The Stiltsoft team is happy to announce that our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app now provides a new macro – Table Spreadsheet.
The macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.
You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view and edit mode.
The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.
And now you may also check two more macros from our spreadsheets' family:
We do hope it helps your cases!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.