When fetching from a remote, I'm getting the "SSH Authentication Failed" window. ("The OpenSSH agent is running but the server still rejected your connection. […]")
- I had created a new, 2048-bit key using PuttyGen and added the public key to the server.
- I can confirm that it works in the Git terminal. The following logs me in without manual intervention:
eval $(ssh-agent)
ssh-add C:\\Users\\MYUSER\\.ssh\\dell-no-passphrase-openssh-2048-bits
ssh MYUSER@MYSERVER
- SourceTree is using OpenSSH and System Git. (System Git 2.15.0/LibGit2Sharp 0.24.0 + git-lfs v2.3.4)
- I did try Tools > Launch SSH Agent.
- The SourceTree SSH Key option field contains:
C:\Users\MYUSER\.ssh\id_rsa;C:\Users\MYUSER\.ssh\dell-no-passphrase-openssh-2048-bits;D:\MYUSER\Documents\MYUSER-DELL (OpenSSH).ppk
I do see the difference in backslashes between SourceTree's setting and the terminal's add-ssh, but wouldn't one assume that SourceTree would deal with any issues when passing key filenames to its SSH agent? What's wrong here?
Or should I just tell SourceTree to use PuTTY? (I have Pageant running 24/7.) If so, why do other instructions recommend using OpenSSH instead of PuTTY?
Thanks for your help.