I am a Confluence admin and I have a space "CM" that is used for Document control. The CM space has permissions as such:
Me: All
confluence users: View
Now I want to add a page in the space for draft documents, which would allow editing. I added this page, and then I manually added restrictions to my controlled (i.e., the previously existing) pages to ensure they could not be edited. Unfortunately, under the settings above, my users still did not have the ability to edit the unrestricted draft pages.
I referenced This Question which helped me understand that they were restricted at the space level.
When looking at the Space Permissions, I only see options for: Add, Export, Restrict, and Remove.
Confluence help yielded that "Add" would give permissions for "Create" and "Edit," but I do not want to allow users to add pages under the controlled document section. Honestly, I don't want users adding pages in the draft area, either, since that could muddy the waters.
Is there a way to achieve what I want? Or should I add another Confluence Space with a different set of restrictions? Or should I just put out a business policy that users should not add pages to this Space, and any pages added will be moved.
PS: If I have to issue the policy, what is the best notification scheme to apply in order to see when any new page is added?
Thanks for the help-
--Adam