I am working on migrating my database from Postgres to MySQL. I am at the point where I am re-installing Confluence and I get to the step where I choose the database type (MySQL). It warns me that I need the ODBC driver. The instructions indicate that this will happen and that I can ignore the error. The problem is that I cannot bypass or skip the error. Clicking next goes nowhere. I have confirmed I have the file in the proper directory (/opt/atlassian/confluence-mysql/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.44-bin.jar).
I was following the directions here, Step 8.3 is where I am having the issue. here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf64/database-setup-for-mysql-936511512.html
Any ideas?
I understand you have the mysql JDBC driver file in the <Confluence installation> /confluence/WEB-INF/lib folder but the setup wizard appears to hang when you click next to set up the database.
Is it possible that the database tables are being set up when the installation appears to be going nowhere? That step can take a few minutes to complete. Does the browser say "waiting for server" after you click Next?
Thanks for the response. There is no indication that the server is waiting for something. I let it sit for a few hours and it still won't go past the warning.
The database I set up is still empty so it does not appear that there is anything going on in the background.
That's good to know, thank you.
Is there any way the permissions are restricted on that one driver file since you had to copy it over? Maybe its there but the user running Confluence doesn't have permission to see it?
Checked, it has the same permissions as all the other driver files in that directory.
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 999635 Oct 31 09:21 mysql-connector-java-5.1.44-bin.jar
Annnnnddd I'm dumb. Firewall issues.
Thanks for the follow up. Firewall issues can be tricky!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.