Hi,
I downloaded (atlassian-bitbucket-5.5.0.tar.gz) and installed it on a Linux box, side-by-side to my existing 5.2.2. When starting the server up, I am getting this message
-bash-4.2$ ./start-bitbucket.shNeither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME environment variable is definedEdit set-jre-home.sh and define JRE_HOME
It looks likes the new 5.5 image doesn't lay down jre. Can someone from Atlassian confirm if it is "by designed," a packaging bug or ..? The documentation doesn't seem to indicate any extra step regarding the missing jre: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/upgrade-bitbucket-server-from-an-archive-file-779292682.html
Thanks
H
Hi Hao,
I just checked, it doesn't appear that this isn't new - you will need to install and configure the JRE yourself and then just make sure the JAVA_HOME variable is set, pointing to the JRE.
Cheers,
Christian
Premier Support Engineer
Atlassian
Hi Christian,
Thanks for replying. Is it documented somewhere? Read the documentation link above but apparently did not see it.
Hao
The installation guide does reference that Java needs to be installed when using the archive installation - Install Bitbucket Server on Linux from an archive file.
The guide you linked is for upgrading and assumes that you've already installed Java on the system.
If you choose to use the installer and Java is not detected, the jre folder will be created and Java installed there. Install Bitbucket Server on Linux
Thanks Jeff & Christian. I use the installer (.bin) and was able to continue with the upgrade to 5.5.0 fine.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.