I tried to Connect two jira instances to single database i got an error like "You have specified a database that is not empty, please specify an empty database".
is it possible to connect single database to multiple jira instances ?
Thanks,
Indra.
Hello,
It is not possible to connect two insances of JIRA server to a single database. You have to use Jira Data Center for this purpose
When you are doing a fresh installation you cannot install JIRA on a non-empty database. For that purposes you need to give an empty database.
However, Im not sure if it'll work but you can do the following to try this out:You install JIRA 1 with empty DB1.You install JIRA 2 with empty DB2.Then you point the dbconfig.xml for JIRA 2 server to the DB1. You can try doing that. I haven't tested it out but I'll be interested to know the result.
i am using Jira DataCenter licence but got same issue.please suggest me how to connect.
You have to follow the following guide:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/installing-jira-data-center-802592197.html
Hi tayyab,
Thanks for your help its working .
Hi indra,Did it work for you with single db with two Jira applications?
No, I can be absolutely certain that it did not.
You can not use one database with more than one Jira Server application.
You can get Data Centre if you want many Jira nodes serving the same data, but a single database for many Jira installs Does. Not. Work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.