I keep reading post about changing the publish date at creation of a blog post but I am not able to find the option when I am creating a blog post.
Any information on this would be helpful.
It is not allowed, because it may affect a lot of core functions, like Page History, search results, etc.
Please add the feature to change the date on a blog post.
It is RIDICULOUS that Atlassian hasn't bothered to fix this BUG after years of being aware of it.
There is however, a work around (at least for the version of Confluence that I am using - 6.0.something - I think)
If you have a blog post with the wrong date, start a new blog post, and on creation choose the date that you want - then copy and paste the text from the old (incorrectly dated) blog post into the new blog post. Then delete the old blog post.
Where's the difference to a normal page?
And why does page history matters when I cannot change the content of the blog entry?
That's really ridiculous.
can you tell me more? because, i can't find the way to change the date in new blog post.
@Ben Travaglione I can't find it either. I'm trying to compose a *new* post and can't find the date options.
Having a blog without an ability to change the date of the posts is ridiculous. Not to mention that it was there and was removed at some point
In my new position with my new company, I wanted to create a repository of the monthly emails sent from our InfoSec VP. As a process improvement activity, I wanted to take the content from the emails that she has sent out already in 2020 and backfill blog entries to get us up to the current email that will go out next week.
Sure, I could create a page for each of the old articles, but that defeats the purpose of doing a blog. I would have a bunch of pages then I'd change the delivery method to blog. I guess I can create an "archived articles" section of the space and roll out the blog when the next email is scheduled to be sent. Otherwise, all the prior articles will be listed in the October blog group and it will look like she sent out 9 blog posts on the same day.
Sigh. In just trying to change the publish date, researching the issue, and now writing this comment, I've wasted too much time on this. :'(
There can be very valid reasons to edit a blog post publish date. In my case, I wanted to make the publish date match the date the email was originally sent out, so if anyone wanted to search their email for it, they would have the date.
FYI: We are using Confluence Cloud.
Exactly. I want meeting minutes with their date to be a blog.
Here's 2020 and this issues is still causing problems...
The funniest thing is that I needed to change the date of a blog post because I need to re-create a blog post as tasks of the previous article got locked. An that on its own happened because blog create functionality was changed and it's not possible to change a type of an article after it's created and I had to copy tasks from regular article to blog post, which seem to be keeping some sort of hidden reference and get locked when initial (incorrectly created) article is created. Well done, Atlassian, total deadlock!
Me too. Trying to do exactly the same thing and running into the same issues.
That used to be possible (at least on the server version), but it seems this option has been removed. Very inconvenient.
classic![edit: for this single word post so many bells and badges! My what a community experience. So they're pumping heaps of energy in to this community, where in my experience as the features change so quickly and are constantly renamed it's constantly out of date, instead of working on a solid core product, and in fact sending their products backwards by constantly taking obvious features away (case in point the feature being discussed here)]
I have the same question/problem. How to change the date of a blog post. It's easy to mistakenly create a page not as blog post but as regular page. After you Convert to blog, the conversion date is used as blog creation date which is also wrong
This post also details the same problem. The difference is that the answer on that post also includes this link:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-11740
Looks like Atlassian has no concrete plans to implement this based on their update at the end of January 2022.
Ditto.
Running Atlassian Cloud
I had a page incorrectly created that should have been a blog post in previous year. I tried re-created the blog and back date it so it shows correctly historically. Backdating simply does not work.
I tried to MOVE the blog but the only option is to move it to a new SPACE.
Not satisfactory.
Looks like Atlassian hit a home run here listening to their users. Please thank the neck beard who shut this one down.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.