I'd like to have a button "Edit Issue" which will show a standard issue editing dialog
I've found the answer and would like to share it with the community.
First, the page should depend on
<dependency>com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin:quick-edit-issue</dependency>
If you want to show this dialog from standard search page or view issue page, then this dependency has already been included.
In my case I have a custom page and my own web-resource with my button, so I've just added this dependency to the web-resource.
Second, need to know the ID of the issue.
And finally, the code:
JIRA.Forms.createEditIssueForm({issueId: issueId}).asDialog({ id: "my-custom-edit-dialog", }).show();
Thank you, I was searching for that for weeks.
Where did you find that? Is there somewhere a documentation ;-)
Documentation? Heh, nope, there's very poor documentation.
I've just researched JIRA sources.
@Mikhail_Kopylov Can you possibly suggest some resources on how you find out about these? I understand the documentation is poor but I just have to one source of place to find everything I need regarding jira plugin development.
Thanks in advance!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.