We have multiple self-signup service desks (JSD A, JSD B and JSD C).
When a customer signs up on JSD A, he will be in the project role customer i JSD A.
But through the portal he has access to JSD B, JSD C and can raise requests in both these servicedesks. I've seen some discussion on this here - but that solution is perfect for us. If he needs support in another functional area there is no reason that he should sign up multiple times.
He is, however, only listed in the customer role in JSD A. So if i use scriptrunner e.g and ask if he is in the customer role I will get a yes in JSD A but not in JSD B and JSD C.
If I direct him to the main help center and he signs up there - he will have no project roles.
My question is are there any other (not counting scriptrunner) drawbacks to my customer not having a project role in the JSD - projects?
When I can't rely on the customer being in the customer role in all service-desks he has access to are there eny known advantages on guiding him to any specific portal to signup?