This question is about https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/running-confluence-over-ssl-or-https-161203.html.
Here is the paragraph that I have question with.
- Follow the prompts to specify your name, organization and location. This information is used to construct the X.500 Distinguished Name (DN) of the entity. The CN ("What is your first and last name?") must match the fully-qualified hostname of the server running Confluence, otherwise Tomcat will not be able to use the certificate for SSL. For example for a Confluence running on a server named "confluence.example.com":
CN=confluence.example.com, OU=Java Software Division, O=Sun Microsystems Inc, C=US
So when I fill out CN, I thought it was hostname, like "localhost". However the example gives is a domain name "confluence.example.com". I wonder if I need to give hostname or domain name. In other words, if my internal team needs to access confluence using an explicit IP address "130.130.130.xxx" to a server with host name of "confserver" which one should I fill out in CN?<br>
thank you.