I'm reading through the instructions which says the following about the shared home directory:
On each cluster node, mount the shared home directory as ${BITBUCKET_HOME}/shared. Note that only the ${BITBUCKET_HOME}/shared directory should be shared between cluster nodes. All other directories, including ${BITBUCKET_HOME}, should be node-local (that is, private to each node).
That makes sense. When I then look at the backup script show here the example shows:
# The path to the Bitbucket home directory (with trailing /)
BITBUCKET_HOME=/var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket/
In the instruction here it says:
Once your bitbucket.diy-backup.vars.sh is correctly configured, SSH to the instance (or the appropriate node in a Data Center instance, typically the file server) and run the backup script from the atlassian-bitbucket-diy-backup directory.
Base on the fact that the script is configured to backup the home (not just the shared) directory, it would imply that I need to run this across all nodes; is this correct? I'm running into trouble understanding this because it also performs a database backup and restores via the same vars.