Hi, what tells the handler to create an issue in the correct Project? I have included a key in the mail subject but the only way I can get get email creating issue in correct Project is to only have one handler - not ideal (or correct)
Show us the config for you email handler.
It is the project you define in the handler.
If you include an existing issue key in the subject, then it will comment on that issue. Otherwise, it will create a new issue in that project.
Are you seeing it create in other projects?
The handler will only create issues into SERV341232. This is documented behavior:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-861253784.html#Creatingissuesandcommentsfromemail-Createanewissueoraddacommenttoanexistingissue
Yes. With the Project key (no issue key as I want it to create a new issue) it creates in the first handler in my list NOT the desired Project with the appropriate key. I would expect the key determine the Project surely?
That's not how it works.
Not much of answer there. What I would expect is that for each Project I create, I can configure a mail handler which examines incoming mail and creates an issue in the appropriate Project going on the Project key showing in the Subject line. If that is not the case then I need to revisit my thinking and expectations here. I can not add an issue id as I wish to create a new issue. BUT I have a number of Projects and a central JIRA admin email address. External users/testers/team members on each Project need to be able to quickly and easily create an issue on the correct Project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.