I have a fresh new installed instance of Jira and Confluence behind a nginx reverse proxy and I currently got stuck with an issue concerning the activity stream for Confluence on the Jira Dashboard (Default System Dashboard, but the issue persists even if I create a new Dashboard).
My issue is quite simple: Somehow URLs (currently only seen with attachments like images or photos) are written with a double slash (like this: https://www.example.com/confluence//download/attachments/00000/Harvey-persona?version=1&modificationDate=1508845833000&api=v2) and Confluence is returning a 500 server error. The error message shows up with a NullPointerException. Anyway, if I remove the doubled slash ( // -> / ) everything works as excepted. But I have no idea where to set this URL.
I already have checked the base URL of Jira and Confluence and there is no tailing slash at all.
Here is a screenshot of the chrome developer console:

The error message if I open one of those broken links is the following:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.confluence.servlet.download.AttachmentDownload.getStreamForDownload(AttachmentDownload.java:105)
Does anyone have the same problem or have any idea how to fix it?