Hello, I'm trying to run a basic JQL query directly from my browser.For example the url I have now is:http://localhost:8080/rest/api/2/search?jql=assignee=usernameThis works as long as I am logged in as an admin, but it fails if I am logged out. How do I pass my admin user name and password credentials in the browser?I've confirmed this works by running a curl command, but I need to be able to run this from the browser as well.Thanks in advance.
Perhaps you want to do this via the api?
curl -D- \ -u admin:admin \ -X POST \ -H "Content-Type: application/json" \ --data '{"jql":"project = QA","startAt":0,"maxResults":2,"fields":["id","key"]}' \ "http://kelpie9:8081/rest/api/2/search"
Check out the api guide on queries.
I'm afraid not. I can successfully run it via the api, but my goal is to use the url directly from the browser.
I've seen this example to authenticate - but I've not tied the two together before to run a jql.
http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TST-1?os_username=tester&os_password=tstpassword
you might try writing a small web page that you can call to pull the data, like using a javascript to get the curl.
i will say, passing the credentials like this, is plain text so susceptible to capture.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.