I am trying to create How To articles with selections that are NOT changeable after the article is saved and published... Let me clarify what I am trying to do here... I have a How To I want to write for a Knowledge Base, I want to be able to have a selection for "Applies To" when only editing the page, but be static when the page is saved. (ie. a selection drop down list "while editing the page" like ver1 or ver2, or ver3 ... I pick one of those because one of those applies to the article I am writing about. and then add another selection for product like software, hardware, network... I tried to add a dynamic checkbox macro, but that macro doesn't seem to work :
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Is-there-a-way-in-Confluence-to-create-a-checkbox-without-it/qaq-p/243032
I tried to add that user macro, but it keeps erroring out.
Is there not something that can be used as an easy selection for adding such content about a How To Article? I also have tried the forms for confluence with the forms list macro ... but this is not what I am trying to do. I want the ability to have a template I am using for a How To Article to have the selections I need about the article being written up. Please advise since I am really needing such a solution for this.