I have some custom fields that get populated as an issue is worked on that I would like to display in the customer portal (when reviewing requests), but i don't want the customers to have to view those custom fields (or set values on them) when they're raising the issue... For example, when an issue goes back to the requestor for UAT, the developer would provide a link to the appropriate test environment via a custom field... The customer should not have to interact with that field when raising the issue, but it should be displayed when reviewing the issue when they are doing UAT. (customers can execute UAT transitions, as we're using Actions for Jira Service Desk)
I've tried adding the custom field to the request type, but of course, the customer sees it when raising an issue, and they can set a value. I've also tried hiding the custom field on the request type, however that subsequently hides the field when reviewing issues on the portal.