I have set up an alias "approve" set to transition a service request to the next workflow step. Using a test case, that seems to work fine but it sees that the validation is failing. I have assigned the issue to myself and set myself as the approver, and I have admin, developer, and team member access to the project. According to the results, the test case is running as me, as expected. Below is what I am getting in the workflow section after running the test case (abridged):
- Running supplied Directive workflow transition as emailSenderUserOnly (username=jmarchionna, key=jmarchionna)
- Validation of Manual Transition to actionID #901 (Approved) IS NOT valid
- As [jmarchionna,key=jmarchionna], the Manual Directive driven workflow transition of [TEST-5] through actionID #901 (Approved) could not be VALIDATED.
- It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Approved) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (TEST-5). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details.
The issue has not been modified, nor is 'Approved' not valid, when I look at the issue after running this, I can approve it manually in the UI without any problems. I have also run the permission checker and I have no issues editing the issue or transitioning the issue.
Thoughts?