I am getting a curious error message when trying to push commits to BitBucket. Google search did not yield any results so I hope someone in the community can help me.
We have several branches but the ones important here are Master and Branch1. Branch1 was branched from Master a few weeks ago. Now I want to merge Branch1 back into Master. I will do this with a Pull Request from Branch1 to Master but since lots of changes (by other users) from other branches were pushed to Master in the meantime, I first pulled the changes on Master onto Branch1.
Most files did not cause problems but there were conflicts on a few (as expected). I manually resolved the conflicts on Branch1 and committed them. No problem so far.
When I try to push my changes to BitBucket, I get the error below.
git.exe push --progress "origin" branch1:branch1
Counting objects: 7, done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (6/6), done.
Writing objects: 100% (7/7), 868 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 7 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Your Git username should be same with your Atlassian username. Username on git config (john.doe) is not same with the username on Stash (adam.smith)
To https://adam.smith@myserver/bitbucket/scm/ateam/my-repo.git
! [remote rejected] branch1 -> branch1 (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://adam.smith@myserver/bitbucket/scm/ateam/my-repo.git'
As I said, Google search for the error message did not yield any results. I cannot understand what is going wrong.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and how I fix it?