I see there is no BRANCH_SLUG environment variable. How do we create one?
Use case: we use feature/ branch and need to publish that into a URL format. There's a slug for repo name, but not branch name.
Thanks,
Hi Philip,
We have the
BITBUCKET_BRANCH
environment variable.
Is this not what you want?
I got into the same issue today. While BITBUCKET_BRANCH variable exists, it does not fit to our needs because it may contain characters which are not compatible or may break your url. I like the idea how gitlab handles refs. There's no branch or tag, there's just reference, which may be either the branch name, or the tag name. And there's also REF_SLUG, which is webalized version of the ref name:
Lowercased, shortened to 63 bytes, and with everything except 0-9 and a-z replaced with -. No leading / trailing -. Use in URLs, host names and domain names.
I know we can make this variable possible with usage of bash tools, but could be good to have ootb and same for all projects.
L.
Come on, 3 years gone, and still no so needed variable?
4 years gone and still not there... even though repo_slug exists.... @davina any news on this?
As a temporary workaround you could process the BITBUCKET_BRANCH variable like this:
<span>BRANCH_SLUG="$(echo</span> <span>$BITBUCKET_BRANCH</span> | iconv -t ascii//TRANSLIT | sed -r s/[~\^]+//g | sed -r s/[^a-zA-Z0-9]+/-/g | sed -r s/^-+\|-+$//g | <span>tr</span> A-Z a-z)"
See also https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47050589/create-url-friendly-slug-with-pure-bash
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.