We use Kanban with backlog enabled. We have the todo status in the workflows mapped to the backlog and in progress->test internal->test external->done on the board. When on the board the issues are in progress but when in the backlog it's just a backlog todo waiting to be taken for a developer.
So here is my issue: When I look in the mobile app I'm looking to get a similar view as the backlog view in desktop version. A place to overlook whats in the backlog and filter that backlog on people, epics etc. The boards view is great with the people filter and quick view filter but it only shows issues in progress – not backlog issues.
I have tried two different apporaches, first is to create a filter and use issues tab in the iphone app instead – I don't have any filters for people, quick view or epics there so that wont work. The other approach is to change all workflows and create a new status named "selected for development" but then all backlog issues must be in progress in order to be viewed and then the backlog will loose it's purpose.
Are we the only ones having this longing for backlog support in the mobile app or am I missing some best practice in JIRA kanban with backlog where we can use the board tab?
Best regards
Lars, Aloq